Samstag, 14. Juni 2014

Review: 13 reasons why

Hey lovlies :)

Today I wanna present you the book 13 reasons why by Jay Asher.
I hope my English isn't too bad, I'll try my best. :)
Right under this post I will attach pictures of the German (Tote Mädchen lügen nicht) and the English Cover.

● Genre ●
Contemporary Fiction

● Rating ●
4,5 / 5 ★

● Content ●
As Clay comes home from school, he finds a package with 13 cassettes. He puts the first one into an old cassette player and pushes <play> - and hears the voice of Hannah Baker. Hannah, his former classmate. Hannah, who he secretly had a crush on. Hannah, who killed herself two weeks ago.
With Hannah's voice in his ear he walks through the night, and what he hears makes him getting out of breath. There are 13 reasons why she killed herself, 13 persons had their part on that.
Clay is one of them.

● My opinion ●
In the beginning of this book, we have a short look "into the future", the day after Clay had received the cassettes. This preview isn't long, so the actual story begins after a few pages:
Clay comes home from school and finds the package, he immediatley listens to the cassettes.
At first you think: How rude and unforgiving has to somebody be, to give 13 people the guilt befor killing himself?
Next in the story, after tbe first few reasons for the suicid, you ask yourself: okay, this hole thing seems to be bad, but is it really bad enough for killing herself?
Because in the beginning, the reasons seem to be incomprehensible and unfounded.
With ungoing story however, you are no longer "angry" with Hannah, that she gives others the guilt for killing herself. You are now angry with these 13 persons that ruined her life and not even realised.
Also the reasons, that now add up, become clearer and you start understanding Hannah.

● I read this book very fast, could barely lay it down. Because you always want to know: who's the next one at the list? What happens next in her life? But especially: Why is Clary on the list?

It's a very very good book, which I though take away half ★ because of the beginning where Hannah's motives weren't clear to understand.

I highly recommend this book to everyone!

I hoped you like this Review, please tell me in the comments if you want me to post more in English :)

Please also comment your thoughts about 13 reasons why if you've already read it!

I would be glad if you could subscribe to my blog. :)

See you soon!

♥ booksaremypassion. Okay? ♥

...

Okay.

"A room without books is like a body without soul."

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen